Purpose: Leads, empowers and development of our transport team. To grow and develop our own transport capabilities in line with our strategic plans.
Reporting to: Fulfilment Operations Manager
Responsible for: O Licence, Logistics Planner and Drivers
- Safely and effectively manages our people, fleet, Carrier(s), Policy and Procedures
- Identify risks, issues and Opportunities and deploy innovative solutions to improve on our Customer Experience
- H&S, Environmental and O Licence compliance
- Improve on and Deliver a Best in Class Service through our team
- Increase Own transport reach through effective planning
- Oversee the KPI’s for Logistics, actively seeking to identify and improve: efficiencies and reducing CTS.
- Regular review of Carrier Management
- Champions and instils “Customer First” approach. Understand and appreciate customer requirements and our quality standards.
- Vehicle Maintenance and Transport Compliance
- Excellent working knowledge of Transport Compliance and best practices.
- Understands and meets company O Licence obligations, ensuring that appropriate controls and procedures are managed.
- Plans driver resource strategically, tactically and operationally to utilise own transport to its maximum capacity.
- Drivers Hours, WTD and Records
- CPC – Certificate of Professional Competence (National as Minimum requirement)
- Ideally 3 Years experience in similar role/environment
- Customer, people and results centric
- IT – ability to leverage software and hardware platforms to advantage
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as part of a team
- Excellent people management and communicator
- Positive attitude towards continued learning and growth.
KPI’s / Objectives:
- Tender and identify right TMS to support OT capabilities
- Gain transport accreditation – ie FORS
- Increase own transport order % to 95% by end 2021
- Working with CR on Customer Comms where required
- Daily Reporting to Operations Manager on Transport Performance with action plan
- Weekly reporting to HOD with actual Transport KPI’s
- Monthly Reporting on Transport KPI’s
- Achieve cost savings against budgeted Delivery Costs as a % of sale
- Increase avg vehicle fill
- Weekly audit of the fleet – Clean and Damage / Defect free
- Carrier Management inc:
- Monthly Meetings on SLA / Performance
- KPI reporting
Download the job description here
Submit your Cover Letter & CV to [email protected]