Clean escalators project a positive image. The risers of an escalator ascending or descending from upper levels is a familiar sight upon entering an airport, shopping centre or hotel.
No matter how clean the other areas of the building are, a dirty escalator provokes a negative perception of the facility.
Thanks to the RiserShine, the once painstaking task of maintaining clean risers is a thing of the past.
Benefits of using RiserShine
- Made with strong but lightweight aluminium and composite materials – minimises strain injury in use
- Foaming cleaner is applied to cloth – keeps cleaning fluid away from escalator mechanism
- Enables quick response to spills – reduces chance of accidents
- Much lower purchase cost than specialist machinery
- Consumable cost is minimalised because RiserShine QuadStretch Woven Cloth can be washed over 500 times
- Get the job done much faster than using a machine or ‘hand and scourer’
- Only a single operative required which maximises productivity
- Strong and durable tool ensures longevity
Ease of Use
- Simple to use – no need for extensive training
- Does not require electrical power
- Match pad profile to riser brand to ensure efficient clean
- Easy to store and transport
- For best results highly recommend Foaming Cleaner – Tanex Performa Concentrate
- No training
- Very labour intensive
- Average results
- Excellent results
- High capital cost to purchase
- Low productivity
- Specialised training required
- Does not clean right up to edges
- Ongoing maintenance costs
Brush and Sponge System
- Minimal training
- Labour intensive
- Easy to use and ergonomic
- Minimal training required
- Cleans right up to edges and corners
How to Use
There are different types of escalator which each have differing tread patterns. RiserShine has made this easy by providing colour coded tool heads for the common brand: Red, Blue, Black, Purple. Ensure that the foam profile matches your escalator:
- Remove Cassette from tool.
- Wrap the Specialist Escalator Cleaning Cloth around the cassette using the Velcro strips to hold it in place.
- Snap the cassette and cloth back onto the tool head.
- Stop the escalator and carry out the cleaning operation.
Download the RiserShine ‘How To Guide’ for more information