Arrow is committed to caring for and preserving our environment for future generations in commercial cleaning supplies.
Our BS EN ISO14001:2004 Accreditation reflects our philosophy and our policy, which includes the following key environmental objectives:
- Reducing waste and recycling materials where appropriate.
- Liaising with our customers and suppliers to promote sound environmental practice in the selection, use and disposal of all materials.
- Reducing our consumption of energy by sensibly managing our buildings, equipment and vehicles.
- Reducing where possible, the pollution of air, land and water.
- Encouraging the development of good environmental practice by all employees.
Additional measures include:
- Optimising the use of environmentally safe and sustainable energy sources to meet our needs and those of our customers.
- Conserving energy, water, wood, paper and other resources through efficient use and careful planning wherever possible, while still providing a safe and comfortable working environment.
- Using products made with recycled content that can also be recycled at the end of their life wherever possible. This includes the introduction of washroom and cleaning systems that
utilise the ‘less is more’ concept, to reduce boxes delivered, storage space and packaging.
- Promoting recycling and the use of recycled and refurbished products and materials where such alternatives are economical and suitable, while reducing the consumption of materials wherever possible.
- Minimising waste, especially hazardous waste, in all our operations and product development
- Disposal of all waste through safe, responsible methods.
- Ensuring that suppliers recognise and reduce the environmental impact of their products and transportation through a quality purchasing policy.
- Planning and operating routes and delivery schedules to maximise the dual benefits of reduced fuel consumption and lower exhaust emissions.
- Highlighting environmental issues in all company training programmes and encouraging the implementation of sound environmental practice by all members of staff.